Multnomah County Surveyor's Office
To serve the residents of Multnomah County by providing surveying expertise,superior customer service, and performing our duties as mandated by state statutes.
County Surveyor's duties
The County Surveyor’s Office provides mandated service such as:
- Review surveys submitted for filing by land surveyors, and file and index them into the public survey records;
- Maintain the public survey records and provide research tools to view and provide copies of these public records;
- Review and approve land divisions (partition, condominium and subdivision plats);
- Restore and maintain Public Land Survey corners;
- Provide survey expertise to the citizens of Multnomah County who are having survey related problems and/or questions.
Our office also provides non-mandated services, including providing surveying support to County Roads for capital improvement and maintenance projects, and other county departments and local agencies as requested.
To contact the County Surveyor:
James S. Clayton
Fax: 503-988-3389 (Attn: County Surveyor)
To locate survey records:
John B. Yeon Facility
1600 SE 190th Ave. (between SE Stark and SE Division)
Portland, OR 97233
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Mon-Fri)
Fax: 503-988-3389 (Attn: Survey Records)