Board of Commissioners Audit Committee Request for Participation
The Audit Committee of the Board of Commissioners of Multnomah County is seeking two community members to serve on the Committee. Potential Committee members should be community members with an interest in County financial practices. Knowledge of audit, financial statements, and/or financial management is desired but not required.
The Audit Committee is established in County Code Chapter 3, Section 3.501 to 3.505
The Audit Committee serves as a liaison between the Board, the independent external auditor and management, as their duties relate to financial accounting, reporting, and internal controls and compliance.
The Committee assists the Board in reviewing county accounting policies and reporting practices as they relate to the county’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report. The Committee is the county’s agent in assuring the independence of the county’s external auditors, the integrity of management, and the adequacy of disclosures to the public.
Members are appointed to 3-year terms beginning in May, and can serve no more than 2 successive terms.
The Audit Committee meets twice a year. These meetings typically take place during lunch on a weekday. Lunch is provided.
The County provides reimbursement for parking as well as TriMet passes to support community member participation on the Audit Committee.
1. Members of the Committee must reside in Multnomah County.
2. Selection of the Audit Committee will be designed to ensure the maximum degree of independence for the audit management process.
3. Members of the Committee must have no monetary or investment interest in any matters concerning the selection of the external auditor.
4. Multnomah County employees and employees of any organization providing or bidding upon audit contract services to Multnomah County are not eligible for membership on the Committee.
5. Knowledge of audit, financial statements, and/or financial management is desired but not required.
How to Apply:
You can apply by completing an online application. Applications will be accepted through March 22, 2019.
Application process will be overseen by the County Auditor’s Office and the successful candidates will be designated by the Board of Commissioners through resolution.
For questions, to request a paper application, or to have the application translated, contact the Auditor's Office at email@example.com, or call 503.988.3320.