2021 Medical/Dental Changes:
- For this year, there are specific changes that apply to employee by their bargaining unit (union).
- For Physicians and JCSS:
- Select your bargaining unit below to see relevant detailed changes.
Kaiser Medical Plan Changes:
- The cost of Kaiser medical plans are going up by +7.7%.
- Insulin: Cost of insulin is not subject to the deductible and will not exceed $100 per 30-day supply.
- Continuous glucose monitors are now covered under durable medical equipment.
- Infertility treatments now apply to your Out-of-Pocket Maximum.
Moda Medical Plan Changes:
- The cost of Moda medical plans are going up to +8.5%.
- Infusion therapy now only covered at preferred treatment centers as directed by new service: MagellanRx.
Dental Plan Changes:
- Cost of Delta Dental plans going up 4.7%.
- No cost change to Kaiser dental plans.
- No significant coverage changes for any of our dental plans.
Optional Short Term Disability Change
- Optional Short Term Disability costs are going up by +29%.
- This applies to Local 88, MCCDA, DSA, FOPPO, ONA, IBEW, and JCSS members.
Supplemental Life Changes
- During open enrollment you can increase Supplemental Life insurance for yourself without providing medical information for up to $30,000 more than what you are enrolled in now to overall max of $200,000.
- You can apply for Supplemental Life insurance at any time, but normally must supply medical information for any approval.
New FSA Maximums
- New Medical Expense Reimbursement Plan (MERP) maximum is $2,750 (up from $2,700 in 2020).
- New MERP rollover amount of $550 (began in 2020).
- TRP Transit maximum increasing to $170 per month.
- TRP Parking maximum increasing to $270 per month.