- The County provides a Basic Life Insurance Plan of $30,000, at no cost to you.
- The County provides LTD insurance, at no cost to you. This provides partial salary replacement if you are unable to work due to a non-work related illness after a 90 day period.
The County provides a TriMet Annual Pass to use on TriMet buses, MAX, Streetcar, Wes, Tram, and C-Tran non-express routes.
- Pick up your pass at the Benefits Office on the 3rd floor of the Multnomah Building after receiving an email confirming it is ready.
Employee Assistance Program
- RBH EAP is available to help county employees and their family members find solutions for everyday challenges.
- Employees get 6 free counseling visits, access to a 24-7 Crisis Line: 1-866-750-1327, and help with: work-life balance, home ownership, child & elder care, identity theft recovery, financial counseling, legal and mediation services, stress & resiliency, adapting to change, and more.
- Go to: myRBH.com, access code: GoMultCo, or call 1-866-750-1327
An FSA reduces your tax burden and increases your take-home pay while setting aside money for eligible expenses. Multnomah County offers four types of Flexible Spending Accounts:
- MERP (Medical Expense Reimbursement Program)
- Used for covered medical, dental, and vision expenses.
- DCAP (Dependent Care Assistance Program)
- Used for dependent care expenses such as childcare, preschool, afterschool programs, or eldercare.
- TRPs (Transportation Reimbursement Plan)
- Used for eligible parking and transit commuting expenses.
- STD Insurance provides salary replacement if you are unable to work due to a non-work related illness after a 30 day period.
- You can apply for STD Insurance at any time, but are guaranteed enrollment if form is submitted within 31 days of hire.
- You can enroll in supplemental term life insurance above your Basic life insurance to a maximum of $500,000 for yourself and $500,000 for your spouse/domestic partner.
- You are guaranteed up to $200,000 of coverage and/or up to $50,000 spouse/domestic partner coverage if submitted within 31 days of hire.