- Compare Medical Plans
- Compare Dental Plans
- Medical and Dental Plan Premium Costs
If enrolling spouse/domestic partner, you must submit Marriage/DP Affidavit.pdf.
You can Opt-Out and receive a monthly incentive payment if you have other group health coverage.
Submit the Opt-Out Affidavit.pdf
Detailed information on medical/dental coverage (plan booklets and summaries of benefit coverages).coverages).
- The County provides a Basic Plan of $30,000 at no cost to you.
- Detailed information on Life Insurance.
Long Term Disability Insurance
- The County provides LTD insurance at no cost to you. This provides partial salary replacement due to an injury/illness after a 90 day period.
- No forms are required for this benefit.
- Detailed information on LTD insurance.
The County provides a TriMet Annual Pass to use on TriMet buses, MAX, Streetcar, Wes, Tram, and C-Tran non-express routes.
- Pick up your pass at the Benefits Office on the 3rd floor of the Multnomah Building after receiving an email confirming it is ready.
- Detailed information on the Trimet Pass Program.
Employee Assistance Program
RBH EAP is available to help county employees and their family members find solutions for everyday challenges.
Employees get 6 free counseling visits, access to a 24-7 Crisis Line: 1-866-750-1327, and help with: work-life balance, home ownership, child & elder care, identity theft recovery, financial counseling, legal and mediation services, stress & resiliency, adapting to change, and more.
Go to: myRBH.com, access code: GoMultCo, or call 1-866-750-1327
No forms are required for this benefit.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): MERP, DCAP, and TRPs
An FSA reduces your tax burden and increases your take-home pay while setting aside money for eligible expenses. Multnomah County offers four types of Flexible Spending Accounts:
- MERP (Medical Expense Reimbursement Program)
- Used for covered medical, dental, and vision expenses.
- DCAP (Dependent Care Assistance Program)
- Used for dependent care expenses such as childcare, preschool, afterschool programs, or eldercare.
- TRPs (Transportation Reimbursement Plan)
- Used for eligible parking and transit commuting expenses.
- TRP Enrollment Form.pdf - Can be submitted at any time.
- Detailed information on Flexible Spending Accounts.
Short Term Disability Insurance
- This provides partial salary replacement due to an injury/illness after a 30 day period.
- You can apply at any time, but are guaranteed the 30 day waiting period if you enroll within 31 days of hire.
- Detailed information on STD Insurance.
Supplemental Life Insurance
- You can enroll in supplemental life insurance above your Basic life insurance to a maximum of $500,000 for yourself and $500,000 for your spouse/domestic partner.
- You are guaranteed up to $200,000 of coverage and up to $50,000 spouse/domestic partner coverage if submitted within 31 days of hire.
- Detailed information on Supplemental Insurance.
Long Term Care Insurance
- LTC Insurance provides coverage if you need assistance while in a long term care facility, including home care.
- You can apply for LTC at any time, but are guaranteed up to $6,000 and up to 6 years if submitted within 31 days of hire.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
- Please visit Unum's LTC site for more details.