How do I go about changing my Coordinated Care Organization? Who do I contact?

Call the Oregon Health Authority at 800-273-0557. A client services representative will talk with you about what you want.

Why should I worry about health insurance?

Getting health insurance is important, even if you feel healthy. Insurance can help you visit a doctor regularly. Small problems are found before they become big problems. And, health insurance can save you money. Accidents, serious illness and prescriptions can all cost a lot..

What is this new health insurance law?

The Affordable Care Act requires all Americans to sign up for health insurance or face a penalty. You may be able to get the Oregon Health Plan or other insurance. You can choose the plan that works best for you. You can no longer be turned down for insurance because of a health condition.

I receive food stamps. I got a "Fast Track'' letter in the mail. What does it mean?

If you received a "Fast Track'' letter, please sign it and return to automatically enroll for health insurance. It's that simple. Just sign the form and send it back.

How do I sign up for Health Insurance?

You can call the Multnomah County Health Department at 503-988-2228.

How do I reach CoverOregon?

You can also sign up for health insurance by going online at or calling 1-855-CoverOR (1-855-268-3767).

If I already have the Oregon Health Plan, is this going to cost me more in co-pays, premiums or any other fees?

No. Nothing changes.

I have Medicare and my husband has Social Security Income. Will this affect us?

No. There is no change for people on Medicare or SSI.

I have an “open card,” for my doctor but am in a plan for my mental health care. How does this affect me?

On September 1, 2012, your mental health care will be moved to the new coordinated care organization if there is a CCO available in your community.

What about my dental care? Will that be covered in the new plan?

Your dental coverage will stay the same as it is today.