Current traffic lane, sidewalk and bike lane closures on Multnomah County bridges
- Broadway Bridge (Summer 2018): All traffic lanes and sidewalks have reopened. There will be occasional single lane closures at offpeak times while the contractor completes wrap up tasks at the end of the Rall Wheel Replacement Project. Project website.
- Burnside Bridge (April 2017 - December 2019). Two eastbound traffic lanes and one westbound lane are open until the project is completed in late 2019. Bicyclists and pedestrians use shared paths on the north and south sides of the bridge. In March and April 2018, lanes of Naito Parkway under the bridge are closed at times while the contractor repairs the bridge above the road. At least one lane of Naito Parkway is always open in both directions. Project website.
Follow us on Twitter @MultCoBridges.
Seven other Willamette River bridges in Multnomah County are maintained by different owners:
The Ross Island, Marquam, Fremont and St. John’s bridges are maintained by the Oregon Department of Transportation.
The Steel Bridge is maintained by Union Pacific Railroad.
- Tilikum Crossing is maintained by TriMet.
Multnomah County is repairing three Willamette River Bridges in 2017. Below are updates on construction and how traffic will be affected.
- December 19, 2017: Burnside Bridge lane closures begin in January
- December 5, 2017: Broadway Bridge closed Dec. 9-10
- November 28, 2017: Wednesday night Broadway Bridge closure scheduled
- November 22, 2017: Late night Broadway Bridge closures scheduled
- November 15, 2017: Broadway Bridge closed Saturday night for drawbridge work
- November 9, 2017: Morrison Bridge closed Saturday for drawbridge work
- November 3, 2017: Broadway Bridge late night closures for drawbridge work
- October 31, 2017: Broadway Bridge late night closure on Nov. 1
- October 26, 2017: Morrison Bridge weekend closure to apply final overlay
- October 23, 2017: Burnside Bridge lane closed offpeak hours for private utility work
- October 19, 2017: Morrison Bridge reopens Sunday, Oct. 22
- October 18, 2017: Broadway Bridge night drawbridge openings on Oct. 18
- October 17, 2017: Brief closures of Broadway Bridge north sidewalk on Oct. 18
- October 6, 2017: Late night Broadway Bridge closures this weekend
- October 6, 2017: Two-week Morrison Bridge closure begins Oct. 9
- September 27, 2017: Broadway Bridge closed for test lift early Thursday
- September 13, 2017: Broadway Bridge closed Sept. 16-17
- September 7, 2017: Traffic shifts to north lanes as Morrison Bridge deck work continues
- August 29, 2017: Morrison Bridge closed at night August 30 for lift span work
- August 24, 2017: Morrison Bridge opens to traffic this weekend
- August 22, 2017: Morrison Bridge closed Tuesday night for lift span work
- August 16, 2017: Morrison Bridge closed Saturday for lift span work
- August 11, 2017: Broadway Bridge work will impact traffic
- August 8, 2017: Broadway Bridge night closure for survey
- August 3, 2017: Morrison Bridge set to reopen by 8 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 6
- July 21, 2017: Two-week Morrison Bridge closure begins tonight
- July 2, 2017: Lane closures for Broadway Bridge repairs begin July 3
- May 12, 2017: Weekend closure of I-5 north begins May 12 at 10 pm
- May 5, 2017: Weekend closure of I-5 north begins May 5 at 10 pm
- April 26, 2017: Morrison Bridge closed Thursday night
- April 20, 2017: Weekend closure of I-5 south in Portland begins Friday at midnight
- April 19, 2017: Morrison Bridge closed Thursday night, April 20 and on weekend
- April 17, 2017: Contractor repairs Burnside Bridge concrete cracks during first I-5 south weekend closure
- April 14, 2017: Weekend closure of I-5 south begins April 14 for Burnside Bridge repairs
- April 12, 2017: Morrison Bridge closed to all users Thursday, April 13, at 8 pm
- April 7, 2017: Single leaf openings in effect for Morrison Bridge through October
- April 4, 2017: Several long Morrison Bridge openings planned Tuesday after 7 pm
- April 1, 2017 - Morrison Bridge repairs will impact south bridge path
- March 29, 2017: Morrison Bridge - Lanes close on April 3
- March 10, 2017: Morrison Bridge - March Construction Update