Current traffic lane, sidewalk and bike lane closures on Multnomah County bridges
- Broadway Bridge (July 2017 through January 2018, estimated): The outside westbound traffic lane is closed, likely through January. Other traffic lanes and both sidewalks are open. Brief closures of a sidewalk (15 minutes) at times due to construction. Project website.
- Burnside Bridge (April 2017 - December 2019). Currently, the contractor is working below the bridge on both sides of SE/NE 3rd Avenue. There are currently no traffic impacts from construction. In early January 2018, the contractor will begin working on the deck surface and sidewalks of the bridge. A weekend bridge closure will be scheduled to set up traffic control, and a work zone will be set up on the south side of the bridge, with three traffic lanes and two shared-use paths open on the north half of the bridge. Project website.
- Morrison Bridge (December 2017): All lanes and sidewalks on bridge are open. The contractor will complete a few minor tasks that require lane closures at offpeak times when weather permits. Project website.
Follow us on Twitter @MultCoBridges.
Seven other Willamette River bridges in Multnomah County are maintained by different owners:
The Ross Island, Marquam, Fremont and St. John’s bridges are maintained by the Oregon Department of Transportation.
The Steel Bridge is maintained by Union Pacific Railroad.
- Tilikum Crossing is maintained by TriMet.
Multnomah County is repairing three Willamette River Bridges in 2017. Below are updates on construction and how traffic will be affected.
- December 5, 2017: Broadway Bridge closed Dec. 9-10
- November 28, 2017: Wednesday night Broadway Bridge closure scheduled
- November 22, 2017: Late night Broadway Bridge closures scheduled
- November 15, 2017: Broadway Bridge closed Saturday night for drawbridge work
- November 9, 2017: Morrison Bridge closed Saturday for drawbridge work
- November 3, 2017: Broadway Bridge late night closures for drawbridge work
- October 31, 2017: Broadway Bridge late night closure on Nov. 1
- October 26, 2017: Morrison Bridge weekend closure to apply final overlay
- October 23, 2017: Burnside Bridge lane closed offpeak hours for private utility work
- October 19, 2017: Morrison Bridge reopens Sunday, Oct. 22
- October 18, 2017: Broadway Bridge night drawbridge openings on Oct. 18
- October 17, 2017: Brief closures of Broadway Bridge north sidewalk on Oct. 18
- October 6, 2017: Late night Broadway Bridge closures this weekend
- October 6, 2017: Two-week Morrison Bridge closure begins Oct. 9
- September 27, 2017: Broadway Bridge closed for test lift early Thursday
- September 13, 2017: Broadway Bridge closed Sept. 16-17
- September 7, 2017: Traffic shifts to north lanes as Morrison Bridge deck work continues
- August 29, 2017: Morrison Bridge closed at night August 30 for lift span work
- August 24, 2017: Morrison Bridge opens to traffic this weekend
- August 22, 2017: Morrison Bridge closed Tuesday night for lift span work
- August 16, 2017: Morrison Bridge closed Saturday for lift span work
- August 11, 2017: Broadway Bridge work will impact traffic
- August 8, 2017: Broadway Bridge night closure for survey
- August 3, 2017: Morrison Bridge set to reopen by 8 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 6
- July 21, 2017: Two-week Morrison Bridge closure begins tonight
- July 2, 2017: Lane closures for Broadway Bridge repairs begin July 3
- May 12, 2017: Weekend closure of I-5 north begins May 12 at 10 pm
- May 5, 2017: Weekend closure of I-5 north begins May 5 at 10 pm
- April 26, 2017: Morrison Bridge closed Thursday night
- April 20, 2017: Weekend closure of I-5 south in Portland begins Friday at midnight
- April 19, 2017: Morrison Bridge closed Thursday night, April 20 and on weekend
- April 17, 2017: Contractor repairs Burnside Bridge concrete cracks during first I-5 south weekend closure
- April 14, 2017: Weekend closure of I-5 south begins April 14 for Burnside Bridge repairs
- April 12, 2017: Morrison Bridge closed to all users Thursday, April 13, at 8 pm
- April 7, 2017: Single leaf openings in effect for Morrison Bridge through October
- April 4, 2017: Several long Morrison Bridge openings planned Tuesday after 7 pm
- April 1, 2017 - Morrison Bridge repairs will impact south bridge path
- March 29, 2017: Morrison Bridge - Lanes close on April 3
- March 10, 2017: Morrison Bridge - March Construction Update