The Morrison Bridge will be closed to all users from 8 p.m. Wednesday, August 30 until as late as 5 a.m. on Thursday, August 31. The closure will allow the contractor replacing the deck on the lift span to jack the west leaf of the lift span. If the work cannot be completed Wednesday night, the bridge will also close on Thursday night, from 8 p.m. until as late as 5 a.m. on Friday, September 1. The contractor is replacing the deck of the west leaf and installing new parts to support the heavier weight of the new deck.
During the bridge closure:
- Alternate river crossings for all modes include the Hawthorne and Burnside bridges.
- Ramps between the Morrison Bridge and Interstate 5 and Interstate 84 will be closed, except for the ramp from the Morrison Bridge westbound to I-5 north.
- Motorists can access I-84 eastbound at NE Grand Avenue and NE Everett Street.
- I-5 north can be accessed from the west side via I-405 north (Fremont Bridge). Eastside access is from the ramp at NE Broadway and N Williams Ave.
- To access downtown from I-5 south or I-84 west, I-5 south drivers can exit at the Rose Quarter/Broadway Bridge and I-84 westbound drivers can exit at Rose Quarter/Weidler exits.
- I-5 south traffic can access the onramp to Highway 99E/U.S. 26.
The contractor expects to complete construction by the end of October 2017. Multnomah County maintains the Morrison Bridge and five other Willamette River bridges. For more information, visit www.multco.us/bridges or follow @MultcoBridges on Twitter.