Work under the east approach to the Burnside Bridge along SE 3rd Avenue begins October 2, 2017 and is expected to last until mid-December 2017. The work will have minimal impact on the public.
The contractors will repair concrete on the underside of the bridge on and around NE/SE 3rd Avenue starting the week of October 2nd. The repairs will be completed by Hamilton Construction. Please see this construction notice and information below to learn more.
What can be expected during construction?
- The parking lot east of NE/SE 3rd Avenue will be closed.
- There will be daytime construction noise.
- Contractors will work weekdays, about 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- During work over NE/SE 3rd Avenue, one lane of traffic will be closed at a time.
- Vehicle access will be maintained at a limited capacity.
- Bike and pedestrian access will be maintained.
- The repairs will address areas of concrete that are cracked or spalling on the bridge.
Upcoming Bridge Surface Closures
In November 2017, contractors will also begin work on the bridge deck and sidewalks. This work is anticipated to last two years and will limit traffic to three vehicle lanes (two eastbound, one westbound). Bike and pedestrian shared use paths will be provided on both sides of traffic.
Contractors will need to clear work areas for staging and construction. We understand the bridge provides shelter from the rain for those in need. To ensure safety during construction, people camping under the bridge will be asked to move or relocate while contractors perform the work.
For project information, visit burnsidebridge.org.