Dec 7, 2017, is the last day of Medicare Open Enrollment. Here are some tips if you still need to add or change your Medicare plan:
- ACT NOW. Most people who want to change plans must do so by 8 PM on 12/7.
- Gather the information needed to compare plans.
- You can contact the insurance plan directly or call 1-800-Medicare with your information in hand, to compare plans and enroll.
- Compare plans online at www.Medicare.gov and use the Plan Finder tool.
- Calling the ADRC Helpline (503) 988-3646 or State SHIBA 1-800-722-4134 can be tried as a last resort. Phone lines are busy, and we may not be able to help with counseling or enrollment - we may not get back to everyone in time. 1-800-Medicare does have that capacity and is open 24/7.
- You have help paying your Part B premiums (QMB, SMB, SMF also known as Medicare Savings Programs).
- You have Extra Help paying Part D drug plan costs.
- You want a plan change to take effect by January 1st, they need to call 1-800-Medicare no later than 8 PM on 12/31.