Alternative Community Service (ACS) works with people who have been given community service conditions from another county.
- How do I register for Community Service? Please bring $35.00 to 421 SW 5th Avenue, Portland, OR. Please check in at first floor lobby reception. Our office is open for intakes Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm.
- How much is my fee? You need to bring $35 with you to the office on the date of your intake. This fee cannot be waived. This fee is in addition to the fee you paid to the referring county. We take cash, checks, credit cards, and debit cards. The credit or debit card must be in your name.
- How do I know if you have received my Courtesy Referral? Prior to coming to the Multnomah County ACS Office, please call us at 503.988.3007 and press “0” during normal business hours to confirm we have received your Courtesy Referral.
- How long do I have to sign up? You must complete your Community Service prior to the required date we receive on your Courtesy Referral paperwork. Each county has different requirements, so please refer to your paperwork that you were issued.
- If you walk-on (you are not scheduled), you may be turned away if vans fill to capacity.
- What do I do when my hours are completed? We will mail you the Completion Letter and also forward it to the referring County office.