- Develop a guide for judges covering: 1) the law, 2) key terms, 3) implications of cultural trauma, 4) DHS practices, and 5) considerations throughout the life of a case.
- Support recruitment of LGBTQ foster parents and foster parents who are accepting and supportive of LGBTQ youth, by creating a team of child welfare system partners that are willing to do recruitment at community events.
- Provide training for child welfare system partners on:
- the impact of cultural trauma faced by LGBTQ youth
- what the law expects of foster parents and service providers
- the Foster Youth Bill of Rights, and
- best practices.
This workgroup is open to anyone who is interested, unless you have a currently open child welfare case.
For more information, contact:
Mary Geelan, MSW
Juvenile Court Improvement Coordinator