In Our Own Words
MultCo Global has begun compiling audio interviews with immigrant and refugee leaders, service providers and residents as a way to honor the struggles and celebrate the strength of our community. We offer a platform for those rich voices that too often go unheard. You can listen to those interviews at In Our Own Words, on the Internet Archive
Here are some of the questions people might want to answer:
- Can you tell us your name, where you work and what you do for work?
- Can you tell us your name, age, and where you are from?
- Can you talk about an experience that has shaped your life?
- What was life like growing up in your country?
- When and why did you decide to leave your country?
- When you left, what did you leave behind?
- Can you tell us about how you came to America?
- What were those first days and weeks like for you?
- Are there any stories that stand out about what it was like to come to a new place?
- Can you describe some of the challenges you have faced since arriving in the U.S.?
- What do you miss about your country?
- Is there anything in particular you love about living here?
- What was one of the happiest moment in your life?
- What was one of the saddest moments in your life?
- Can you talk about someone who played a significant role in your life?
- What gives you strength?
- What are you proud of?
- How has your experience as an immigrant/refugee made you stronger?
- How has your experience as an immigrant/refugee made you better able to serve our community?
- What do you want people to know about you?
- What do you want people to know about immigrants and refugees?
Do you know someone we should feature or a great question we should add? Let us know!