The Portland Water Bureau issued a boil water notice on May 23, 2014 to all water customers. Below is a list of affected areas and what to do to make your tap water safe to use while the boil water order is in effect.
- Portland Water Bureau
- City of Gresham (North of I-84)
- Lake Grove
- Lorna Portland Water
- Palatine Hill
- Tigard Water Service Area (including Durham, King City and Bull Mountain)
- Valley View
- West Slope Water Districts
Restaurateurs in this area should bring any tap water to be used for drinking, food preparation, or ice to a rolling boil for 1 minute before using.
Dishwashing performed in a commercial dishwasher or by hand using a 3 compartment method is sufficient (wash, rinse, sanitize).
Cold Beverages and Ice
Beverages or ice prepared with tap water on or after May 20 should be discarded. Use bottled water or purchased ice instead. Do not use your soda gun or ice from your ice machine.
Hot Beverage Preparation
Coffee made from drip coffee makers, or made with boiled water can be served.
Ready to eat food items washed with tap water on or after May 20 should be either discarded or rewashed with boiled or bottled water.
20 second handwashing with soap and warm water should be performed with vigorous drying.
- 503-823-7770 | www.portlandonline.com\water
- 503-988-3400 | Technical information for Multnomah County businesses that get health inspections (restaurants, child care facilities, etc.).