In February we’re celebrating National Children’s Dental Health Month with a poster contest and a different activity each week.
If your child has an appointment scheduled this month, don’t forget to stop by the front desk for a fun toy!
All events are free and parents must be present (no drop-offs).
Oral Health Poster Contest
Help us spread the word about oral health. Enter your poster about preventing cavities and keeping a healthy smile for a chance to win a $25 VISA gift card.
The contest is open to all children ages 5-15 who receive medical or dental care at the Billi Odegaard Dental Clinic, or the East County, Mid County, Northeast, Rockwood and Southeast health centers.
Grand prize: Winners at each clinic will receive a $25 VISA gift card and their artwork will be framed and displayed in the clinic for the next year.
- Your poster should be about preventing cavities and keeping teeth and clean and healthy. It must include an oral health title or statement.
- You can submit your poster either on a piece of paper (up to 11” x 17”) or as a digital MSWord, .pdf or .jpg file.
- You can create your poster with crayons, markers, colored pencils, glitter, pastels, paint or any other medium. You may also use software to create a digital design.
- Label the back of the poster with your name, phone number, email and mailing address. If you're emailing your poster, please include this information in your message.
- Mail or drop off entries at your clinic by 6pm Thursday, February 28, 2019. Email digital entries to email@example.com.
Questions? Call or text 503-988-8686.
Make Your Own Tooth Fairy Wand
Wednesday, February 6, 2-4 pm
East County Dental Clinic, 600 NE 8th St, 2nd Floor, Gresham
Celebrate the magic of losing teeth by making an adorable tooth fairy wand. Your child may just meet the Tooth Fairy.
Bilingual Oral Health Story Time
Wednesday, February 13, 2-4pm
Northeast Health Center, 5329 NE MLK Jr Blvd, 1st Floor Conference Room A
Learn all about oral health through fun books and songs. Activities will be conducted in English the first hour, and in Spanish the second hour.
Dental Games & Activities
Wednesday, February 20, 11am-1pm
Rockwood Health Center Lobby, 2020 SE 182nd Ave, Portland
How much sugar is in your favorite drink? Do you know how to brush or floss correctly? Come play dental games and activities and learn how to keep your mouth clean and healthy.
Oral Health for You and Baby
Tuesday, February 26, 6-8pm
East County Health Center, 600 NE 8th St, Blue Lake Room, Gresham
Attend this class to learn how to keep you and your baby’s mouth healthy during pregnancy and beyond. Open to new or expecting parents, or parents/caregivers with children ages 3 or younger. Dinner and transportation provided.
RSVP to Yesenia Avellaneda at Yesenia.Avellaneda@multco.us or 503-988-8631, by Tuesday, February 20.