Home Health & Safety Assessments
Is your home age-friendly? If you’re older or disabled and live on your own, you may qualify for a free home assessment to identify safety hazards and get suggestions for making improvements.
Our home inspectors will:
- Identify potential health and safety concerns
- Recommend improvements to keep you living in your home longer
- Help identify community programs that can help pay for repairs and improvements
Live at Home Longer
Many want to remain in their homes as they get older. For seniors who want to live independently, minor improvements such as better lighting, grab bars, and non-slip flooring can go a long way to helping you stay in your home longer.
Even if you enjoy great health right now, it’s good to think ahead to how you might adapt your home for when a major age-related change comes along.
Who is Eligible
- Age 55 and older or disabled
- Live in Multnomah County
- At or below 60% median family income (around $35,000 a year for 2 people). See income chart»
This program is available for both renters and homeowners.
If you live in the North/NE Portland, Interstate corridor and Lents neighborhoods, you may have access to additional home repair resources.
How to Sign Up
Contact Jeff Strang, 503-988-7866, firstname.lastname@example.org