Employee wellness is good business, no matter what business you're in!
Most adults spend half of their waking hours at work. Worksites are vital settings where small efforts to promote healthy eating and active living, and curb tobacco use can add up to big results. No matter the size of your company, healthy policy and practice changes can create long-lasting benefits for employees, employers and the community.
Free Technical Assistance
Consult with us to help create a culture of wellness at your worksite. We can help you develop strategies to:
- Increase available healthy foods and beverages
- Increase opportunities to be physically active
- Reduce tobacco use and exposure to secondhand smoke
- Improve chronic disease self-management
Healthy Worksites Initiative consultants can help you with:
- Wellness planning
- Workplace assessments
- Effective wellness strategies and model policies
- Tools and templates to help you get started
- Starting or re-energizing employee wellness committees
- It Starts Here promotional items (water pitchers, fruit and veggie bowls, blood pressure monitors, grocery bags, water bottles, etc.)
- Free signs (stairwell promotion, smokefree worksites, “breastfeeding welcome here" signs and window clings)
- Assess your organization: take this short survey
- Check out our Workplace Wellness Fact Sheet
- Contact us!
Interested in making workplace wellness changes? Community Wellness and Prevention program staff are available to advise and assist your organization. Contact us for free technical assistance.
Healthy Worksites Initiative
Elizabeth Takahashi Barth, Coordinator
503-988-3663 ext. 22660