This workgroup is not currently meeting.
Charge to the Group
Multnomah County’s criminal justice and corrections systems are responsible for protecting public safety, require large amounts of public resources and affect many people’s lives. Therefore it is important that local public officials and agencies receive reliable evaluations of the impact of these systems on public safety and the community. Accordingly, Multnomah County’s Local Public Safety Coordinating Council directs its Evaluation Resource Group:
- Prepare overviews of key trends relevant to the operations and performance of Multnomah County's criminal justice and corrections systems.
- Meet regularly to share information on local, state, and national criminal justice research.
- Recommend to the Council's Executive Committee additional program evaluation or literature reviews that could improve the effectiveness of Multnomah County's criminal justice system.
- The Executive Committee may request the Evaluation Resource Group to perform additional in-depth analyses of crime trends, current law enforcement and prevention strategies, and other promising practices.
- The Executive Committee may request the Evaluation Resource Group to review the design of any proposed evaluation of Multnomah County's criminal justice system.