Want to get a food handler’s license in Multnomah County? Finding the office and taking the test just got easier.
On Oct. 22, Multnomah County’s Environmental Health Program opened in the Lloyd Corporate Plaza at 847 N.E. 19th Ave., Suite 350, in Portland.
The new offices are close to multiple bus lines and the red, blue and green MAX lines. The move will also allow the program to expand the current food handler testing services schedule from twice a week to five days a week.
The move also makes way for the expansion of medical services at the Southeast Dental Clinic, 3653 SE 34th Ave., Portland. The Health Department plans to open a primary care clinic there in 2013.
Nearly 50 Environmental Health employees work to ensure the health and well-being of Multnomah County by:
- Inspecting restaurants, water systems, tourist facilities and by investigating food and waterborne disease. They inspected 3,091 restaurants and 691 mobile food carts in 2011.
- Training food service employees to handle and prepare food safely.
- Working with families to manage environmentally-related illnesses like asthma by empowering them to improve the health of their home.
- Inspecting rental housing properties in unincorporated areas of the county.
- Preventing lead-poisoning in children.
- Providing birth and death certificates.
Questions about these services? Call Environmental Health at 503-988-3400.