The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office has issued evacuation notices for a number of communities affected by the Eagle Creek and Indian Creek fires. This map shows which areas are under an evacuation order.
An evacuation shelter has been established at the Yoshida Event Center at Harvest Christian Church, 624 SW Halsey, Troutdale.
The Sheriff's Office is constantly assessing the status of the fire, and in coordination with fire officials, will determine when it is safe to start allowing residents to move back into certain locations.
Deputies, Search and Rescue members, and Citizen Patrol volunteers collected contact information from residents as they were being evacuated from Level 3 areas. That information will be used to communicate to residents when evacuation levels have been downgraded or lifted.
Here is how you can get the latest information on evacuations and plans for re-entry.
- Sign up to receive flash alerts and news releases from the Sheriff's Office
- Follow the Sheriff's Office on Twitter
- Follow the Sheriff's Office on Facebook
- The quickest way to be notified of evacuation level changes in your area - including re-entry to previously evacuated areas - is to sign up for Public Alerts at www.publicalerts.org.
If you don’t have access to the internet, call Multnomah County Aging & Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) Helpline 24/7 to get signed up at 503.988.3646.
- For general information on the Eagle Creek Fire, contact 211 by calling.
- For Animal Services related questions from 11am to 7 pm call Multnomah County Animal Services dispatch at 503-988-7387. During evening hours call 211.
If you plan to travel, check the Oregon Department of Transportation and Washington Department of Transportation websites and trip cams prior to leaving. Road closures and poor visibility may cause detours or longer travel times.
- Check the DEQ’s current air quality conditions or call 503-229-6397. Follow Oregon DEQ on Facebook or Twitter.
- Read the Oregon Smoke Blog for the latest on fires across the state