How will climate change affect Oregon? What can we do to prevent the worst impacts? What can we do to adapt to the inevitable changes? These are the questions that filmmakers should consider in their submissions to the Multnomah Climate Short Film Contest.
How it works:
We want to know what you think! Students, professionals and amateur filmakers are encouraged to submit documentaries or fictional shorts that examine the key questions above. You make a short movie (five minutes or less) about how climate change will impact Oregon and what we can do about it. Learn more about climate change in Oregon by viewing the Portland/Multnomah Climate Action Plan.
- June 10: deadline for film submissions
- July 8: deadline for submitting DVDs for winning films
- July 31: screening event at the Bagdad Theater
Winning films will:
- be selected by a celebrity panel
- win prizes
- be featured on the Multnomah County Office of Sustainability website
- be shown at the McMenamin's Bagdad Theater on July 31, 2011
- How well does the film answer the key question: "How will climate change affect Oregon and what can you/we do to prevent the worst impacts and adapt to the inevitable changes?"
- Does the film expose viewers to new information and perspectives?
- Is the film inspiring?
All films must:
- run five minutes or less
- contain title and credits
- be appropriate for all audiences - PG Rating
- be created by at least one Oregon resident
- be submitted by midnight on June 10 by: (1) Submitting a completed "terms and conditions agreement" via the online form below and (2) uploading the film to vimeo without password protection (see below for submission instructions)
If selected as a winner, a high quality DVD version of the film must be received by July 8, 2011 by 5 p.m. The DVD can be mailed to or submitted in person in the drop box on the ground floor at the address below:
Climate Short Film Contest
Office of Sustainability
501 S.E. Hawthorne Blvd. - Suite 600
Portland, OR 97214
2) Make a Video - How to shoot/edit your movie, Windows and Mac
3) Upload your video to vimeo.com - How to upload a video
4) Submit a webform and terms and conditions agreement found below
5) If your film is selected, be prepared to submit a high quality hard copy version via post mail or drop-off. DVDs will not be returned. Failure to submit the DVDs as requested will result in exclusion from the contest.