Contacts: Tim Scott or Eric Sample, 503-988-3720
Thursday, May 16 is the last day for voters in Multnomah County to safely mail their ballot for the Special District Election on Tuesday, May 21. The Special District Election includes local school district, water district, and rural fire protection district board members. Depending on where you live, there may also be local measures that include requests for local tax money or proposed changes to laws. Ballots can be mailed with one first class stamp. Ballot envelopes must be signed and ballots received by the elections office by May 21 at 8:00 PM. Postmarks do not count in Oregon.
All registered voters should have received their ballots. Registered voters who have not received their ballots or need a replacement should contact the elections office. The Order Ahead Replacement Ballot Service allows voters to go online to multco.us/orderahead, request a replacement ballot and have it ready at “Will Call.” Voters can then pick up their replacement ballot at either the Multnomah County Duniway-Lovejoy Elections Building at 1040 SE Morrison Street, Portland 97214 or the Voting Center Express inside the Multnomah County East Building at 600 NE 8th Street, Gresham 97030. Voters can also call Multnomah County Elections at 503-988-3720 or visit the SE Portland or Gresham location in person to get assistance or a replacement ballot.
Multnomah County Elections has opened an additional location in Gresham through Election Day on May 21. The Voting Center Express is located inside the Multnomah County East Building. Voters can replace a lost ballot, get help voting, ask questions, or vote in person at the Voting Center Express in downtown Gresham. Ballots can only be accepted at the Voting Center Express during open hours. The nearest 24-hour official ballot drop box site is in the parking lot at the Gresham Library at 385 NW Miller Avenue.
Multnomah County Elections normal hours at both the SE Portland and Gresham locations are 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday - Friday. Extended office hours for the May 21 Special District Election are listed below.
Multnomah County Elections extended hours at the SE Portland and Gresham locations:
Saturday, May 18, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Monday, May 20, 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Election Day, Tuesday, May 21, 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Voters can sign up to track their ballot and get a virtual “I Voted” sticker. Text, email, or voice alerts tell voters when the county elections office has mailed ballots. Alerts indicate whether the ballot has been accepted for counting or whether it requires further action by the voter. Inside the “Accepted Ballot” message voters will get access to a special Oregon “I Voted” sticker ready to share on social media. Multnomah County voters can sign up by visiting multnomah.ballottrax.net. Multnomah County Elections provides an interpreter, free of charge, to anyone who needs help voting in a language other than English. Additional voting and elections information in nine languages is online at multco.us/education-and-outreach.Voters who have not returned their ballot can drop it off in person at any of the official 24-hour drop sites located throughout the county before 8:00 PM on Tuesday, May 21. Voters can also drop off their ballot at any Multnomah County Library location during regular library hours, multcolib.org/hours-and-locations. Listed below and online at: multco.us/dropsites are all the official 24-hour ballot drop sites and Multnomah County Library locations available until 8:00 PM election night, Tuesday, May 21.
Official 24-hour ballot drop sites:
- Multnomah County Duniway-Lovejoy Elections Building: 1040 SE Morrison St., Portland (Box locations: east side of Southeast 11th between Southeast Morrison and Belmont and north side of Southeast Belmont between Southeast 10th and 11th)
- A-Boy Supply: 7365 SW Barbur Blvd.,
- Portland Central Library: 801 SW 10th Ave., Portland in the outside book return behind the library on SW 11th Ave.
- Goodwill Store: 3134 N Lombard St., Portland
- Gresham Library: 385 NW Miller Ave., Gresham.
- McDonald’s Restaurant: 2010 NE Cesar E. Chavez Blvd., Portland (Box location: west side of Northeast 40th Ave. between NE Tillamook and NE Hancock streets)
- Midland Library: 805 SE 122nd Ave., Portland
- NEW! Parkrose Neighborhood: 4390 NE 102nd Ave., Portland (Box location: east parking lot across the street from MHCC Maywood Park Center on NE 102nd and NE Prescott)
- Pioneer Courthouse Square: 700 block of SW Broadway, Portland (next to Starbucks and across from Nordstrom - Walk Up Only Location).
- Regal Cinemas Movie Theater / M & M Car Wash: Southeast Division St. & 165th Ave. Portland - drop box located in Regal Cinemas parking lot behind M & M Car Wash
Multnomah County Library locations:
- Albina: 3605 NE 15th Ave., Portland
- Belmont: 1038 SE 39th Ave., Portland
- Capitol Hill: 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland
- Central: 801 SW 10th Ave., Portland
- Fairview-Columbia: 1520 NE Village St., Fairview
- Gregory Heights: 7921 NE Sandy Blvd., Portland
- Gresham: 385 NW Miller Ave., Gresham
- Hillsdale: 1525 SW Sunset Blvd., Portland
- Holgate: 7905 SE Holgate Blvd., Portland
- Hollywood: 4040 NE Tillamook St., Portland
- Kenton: 8226 N Denver Ave., Portland
- Midland: 805 SE 122nd Ave., Portland
- North Portland: 512 N Killingsworth St., Portland
- Northwest: 2300 NW Thurman St., Portland
- Rockwood: 17917 SE Stark St., Portland
- Sellwood-Moreland: 7860 SE 13th Ave., Portland
- St. Johns: 7510 N. Charleston Ave., Portland
- Troutdale: 2451 SW Cherry Park Rd., Troutdale
- Woodstock: 6008 SE 49th Ave., Portland
Multnomah County Duniway-Lovejoy Elections Building
Open May 6 - 21, 2019
Voting Center Express at the Multnomah County East Building