Similar to last year, the CIC is conducting a summer-fall recruitment campaign at meetings and events throughout Multnomah County. At the events and meetings we table to talk to people about what the county does and opportunities to volunteer. This Thursday, June 16th, we will be tabling at the NW 23rd Portland Farmers' Market.
Last year's campaign was very successful as we attended more than 10 events, had more than 100 people fill out applications to volunteer, and ultimately recruited new CIC and CBAC members. Equally important was the educational opportunity we had to talk to citizens about who the county is and what it does! Read more about last year's campaign by clicking here.
This year we have already tabled at an information fair hosted by the Immigrant & Refugee Community Organization (IRCO). The events we have attended or are scheduled to attend thus far include:
- Portland Plan Fair hosted by IRCO on March 12th
- NW 23rd Portland Farmers' Market on June 16th
- PSU Farmers' Market on July 30th
- King Farmers’ Market on August 21st
- Gresham Farmers’ Market on September 10th
- Hillsdale Farmers’ Market on September 11th
- St. John’s Farmers’ Market on September 24th
- Montavilla Farmers' Market on October 2nd
Please visit us at an event and meet Multy, the Office of Citizen Involvement's mascot!
Also feel free to contact us if you have additional ideas for meetings and events that you would like us to attend.