The CIC has wrapped up its summer-fall live recruitment campaign during which we attended 11 events throughout Multnomah County since June. We tabled at the events to talk to people about what the county does, answer their questions, and inform them about opportunities to volunteer and get engaged in decision-making.
The campaign proved successful as 85 people completed forms to get more information about volunteering and 20 people completed applications to join the Citizen Involvement Committee or a Citizen Budget Advisory Committee. Equally important was the fact we talked to hundreds of people about the county and what it does!
The events we attended included:
- ResiliencePDX-Disaster Preparedness Expo on June 2nd
- Kenton Farmers Market on June 27th
- NW 23rd Farmers Market on July 27th
- Gresham Farmers Market on September 8th
- Montavilla Farmers Market on September 9th
- St. Johns Farmers Market on September 15th
- King Farmers Market on September 16th
- Hillsdale Farmers Market on September 23rd
- Fun on Foster on September 29th
- East Portland Sunday Parkways on September 30th
- Streetcar Mobile Music Fest on October 5th
Please contact us if you have additional ideas for meetings or events that you would like us to attend.