The virus that causes COVID-19 passes easily from person to person. To protect yourself and others from getting sick:
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your face
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Stay at least 6 feet from people you do not live with
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces
- Limit trips and stay close to home
- Wear a cloth face covering when going out
If you are sick, stay home and away from others.
Staying home and limiting contact with people you don't live with is still the best way to protect yourself, your family and community. It helps to protect those at risk for severe illness. It also keeps our healthcare facilities open to those who need them.
People at risk for severe illness (older adults, underlying conditions) must still stay home.