The virus that causes COVID-19 passes easily from person to person. To protect yourself and others from getting sick:
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your face
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Stay at least 6 feet from others in public and people you do not live with
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces
- Limit trips and stay close to home
- Wear cloth face coverings when going out. As of July 1 face coverings are required in indoor public spaces throughout the State of Oregon.
If you are sick, stay home and away from others to protect them. Staying home and limiting contact with people you don't live with is still the best way to protect yourself, your family and community. It helps to protect those at risk for severe illness. It also keeps our healthcare facilities open to those who need them.
People at risk for severe illness (older adults, underlying conditions) must still stay home.