This year we attended 10 events. We had meaningful conversations with 246 people and 85 volunteer interest forms were submitted. The events attended included:
- Wood Village National Night Out (Friday, 7/18)
- Gresham Saturday Market (Saturday, 7/19)
- Southeast Sunday Parkways (Sunday, 8/24)
- Volunteer Expo 2014 in Pioneer Square (Friday, 9/5)
- Kenton Farmers Market (Friday, 9/12)
- Hillsdale Farmers Market (Sunday, 9/14)
- St. Johns Farmers Market (Saturday, 9/20)
- King Farmers Market (Sunday, 9/21)
- Age-Friendly Initiative event (Tuesday, 9/23)
- Lents International Farmers Market (Sunday, 10/5)
Since the program began, CIC members and staff have engaged in discussions with 996 people at 50 events. In addition, 435 people have requested additional information about county programs and volunteer opportunities. Many new members for various advisory committees have also been recruited. Beyond staff time, the costs are minimal. Volunteers enrich this program—from committee members who attend events to talk about their engagement to event managers who voluntarily provide table space at no charge. The campaign was recognized with an Achievement Award at the 2013 National Association of Counties Conference.
Please contact us if you have additional ideas for meetings or events that you would like us to attend.