The CIC is conducting its 2012 summer-fall recruitment campaign at events throughout Multnomah County. At these events, we table to talk to people about what the county does and opportunities to volunteer. During September we are scheduled to table at seven events!
Last year's campaign was very successful as we had more than 100 people fill out volunteer interest forms, and ultimately recruited new CIC and CBAC members. Equally important was the educational opportunity we had to talk to hundreds of people about who the county is and what it does.
This year we have already tabled at a luncheon hosted by the Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber and a community disaster preparedness workshop in NE Portland. The events we have recently attended or are scheduled to attend include:
- Kenton Farmers Market on July 27th
- NW 23rd Farmers Market on September 6th
- Gresham Farmers Market on September 8th
- Montavilla Farmers Market on September 9th
- St. John’s Farmers Market on September 15th
- King Farmers’ Market on September 16th
- Hillsdale Farmers’ Market on September 23rd
- East Portland Sunday Parkways on September 30th
Please visit us at an event and meet Multy, the Office of Citizen Involvement's mascot (see on right)!
Also feel free to contact us if you have additional ideas for meetings and events that you would like us to attend.