NACo is a non-profit organization representing more than 2,200 counties that contains over 80% of the U.S. population. It assists counties in addressing a broad range of issues such as economic recovery, public safety, community health and land use. Multnomah County is hosting NACo’s 2011 conference.
This is our chance to show off Multnomah County and Oregon to the nation!
Volunteers are needed July 14 – 19 to:
- help guide attendees from local hotels to MAX and the Convention Center
- direct visitors at MAX stations located in downtown Portland and east of the Convention Center
- greet attendees at the Convention Center entrances
- hand out information about Portland area restaurants and visitor attractions
- generally serve as Ambassadors for Oregon by providing directions and suggestions to visitors
Volunteers are also needed for the following major social events during the Conference:
- July 16 – VIP Event at Director’s Park
- July 17 – Conference-wide Event in the South Park Blocks
Duties will include providing directions, welcoming visitors, supporting security efforts, and assisting clean-up after the events.
Volunteers will receive a t-shirt, training and food along with the chance to meet and greet people who represent counties from all over the country!
VOLUNTEERING for the NACo Conference is easy!
1. Determine what days you want to volunteer and how you would like to help.
2. Please share this with anyone who you think may be interested in volunteering.
If you have any questions, please contact Theresa Sullivan, Volunteer Coordinator for the Conference, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-988-3635.