Multnomah County’s Office of Community Involvement is committed to helping inform and involve communities in the processes that shape county policies, budgets, and programs. The Community Involvement Coordinator will support community members to participate on advisory groups, provide input on county policies, and volunteer with county programs. The coordinator supports the Community Involvement Committee (CIC) and Community Budget Advisory Committees (CBACs) so that committee members are able to contribute to their greatest potential and fulfill their responsibilities as appropriate. They’ll work with committees to elevate a diverse range of community voices into county decision making, promote opportunities for community engagement, and support the removal of barriers to civic participation.
Additionally, the coordinator will act as the first point of contact for volunteer interest and outreach in community involvement programs. This will include recruiting prospective volunteers, attending community events, conducting outreach, and facilitation of volunteer briefings and trainings. The salary range is $50,000-$54,000.
How to Apply
The application packet consists of the following:
- A completed online application
- A resume covering relevant experience and education.
- A cover letter that expands on your resume and addresses:
- The ways that your personal and professional experience supports your qualifications for this role.
- An example of a time when you had to manage a difficult conversation surrounding an equity/social justice issue.
The deadline for applications is April 28th.
For any questions, contact Jenny O'Meara at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-988-7571.