Once you’ve submitted your SERV-OR application to join our Medical Reserve Corps unit, you must complete these requirements in order to be accepted and eligible for deployment.
Watch both parts and then fill out the completion form to receive credit»
- Medical Reserve Corps Orientation - Part 1 (11 minutes)
- Medical Reserve Corps Orientation - Part 2 (7 minutes)
2. Immunization/Immunity History
Complete the Responder Health Screening Form
3. ID Badge - Email a passport style photo to email@example.com and we’ll mail you an ID badge.
Every 12 Months
1. HIPAA Training
You must complete Multnomah County's HIPAA training. We cannot accept your employer's HIPAA certificates.
Watch these 4 videos every year and then fill out the HIPAA verification form to receive credit»
- HIPAA Basic (10 minutes)
- HIPPA Advanced Part 1 (9 minutes)
- HIPAA Advanced Part 2: Annual Refresher Training (9 minutes)
- HIPAA Advanced Part 3: Authorizations & PHI (9 minutes)
2. Bloodborne Pathogen Training
Your employer-provided or other bloodborne pathogen training meets this requirement. Complete the verification form once a year.
Incident Command System (ICS) courses MAY be required depending on the nature of the incident. Do these courses ahead of time to be ready!
- IS-100B - Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100)
- IS-700a - National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
Email your certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recommended but Optional
- Behind the Scenes: Planning and Response in the Portland Metro Region (11 min)
- Personal preparedness course of your choice
- Psychological first aid course of your choice