Several Multnomah County roads are currently closed to traffic:
- Larch Mountain Road is closed at the snow gate near Milepost 14.5 due to the Eagle Creek Fire. The upper section of the road is expected to reopen this fall when the fire risk has been reduced. Visit this web page for updates. Please note that several county roads in the Columbia River Gorge east of Larch Mountain Road are currently closed except to residents due to the fire. The roads will reopen this fall after the fire danger has been reduced.
- NW Newberry Road is closed to through traffic between US Highway 30 and NW Skyline Blvd. due to a major landslide that will require an engineered repair project. The landslide is large and will be costly to repair. The county expects design work and property acquisition will be completed so that construction can begin in late spring/early summer 2018.The alternate route for through traffic is NW Cornelius Pass Road. Passenger vehicles, but not trucks, may also use NW Germantown Road and NW McNamee Road. Local and emergency traffic have access up to the closed section, which is near 13342 NW Newberry Road. The county is developing design options and conducting geotechnical studies needed for the design. For more information, see the project web page.
- SE Stark Street is closed between SW Corbeth Lane and SE Troutdale Road in the City of Troutdale during the replacement of the Beaver Creek culvert. The road is expected to open in October. For details, visit the project web page. The detour routes are:
- SW Corbeth Lane, from Stark St. to Troutdale Road (for bicyclists and pedestrians)
- NE 17th St./Cochran Road (for motor vehicles except trucks longer than 40 feet)
- SE Division St./Division Drive (for trucks longer than 40 feet)
All other Multnomah County roads are open.
Follow Multnomah County road news at MultCoRoads on Twitter.