November 21, 2019
- Final lane striping completed
- Installed concrete sidewalks, ADA ramps and driveways on north side
- Most asphalt driveway approaches completed (two to complete)
- Electrical work including streetlight bases and traffic signal installation
- Work on water quality planters
- Mailbox and sign installation to follow
- Eastbound traffic is using the south lane of Arata Road between Wood Village Blvd. and NE 238th Drive. Arata is open to two-way traffic between NE 223rd Ave. and Wood Village Blvd.
- Pedestrians and people with disabilities are using newly installed sidewalks and ADA ramps on the south side of Arata Road.
- 20 mph construction zone continues on Arata Road.
- Additional utility conflicts pushed some work at the intersection of Arata and 238th Drive into the 2020 construction season. Some of this work cannot be performed in the winter. Remaining work includes asphalt milling, final lift paving, striping and installation of signal loop detectors.
- Culvert/pipe extensions and sidewalk work on the west side of Wood Village Blvd. will occur in 2020 after a permit is completed.
- Current construction season is expected to wrap up in January 2020. Coordination and design changes related to the new traffic signal at 238th Drive impacted the schedule.
- Pending progress in the next few weeks, two-way traffic will resume on Arata Road east of Wood Village Blvd. in mid-December (12-6-2019 update: two-way traffic now expected to resume in January).
For more information: www.multco.us/arata