The SUN Service System Coordinating Council guides and supports the System to achieve its intended results and fulfill its commitment to equity and racial justice; maintains a strong collective impact partnership; and shares accountability for results.
The SUN Coordinating Council was formed as a result of the School Age Services Task Force.
- Advise sponsors on policy areas and financial allocation related to the SUN Service System
- Engage in strategic planning including system review and design and development of system goals, outcomes and priorities
- Align programs to work toward those goals
- Develop supportive policies
- Engage the community to strengthen alliances and ensure voices are heard / incorporated
- Support implementation of the Multnomah County Equity and Empowerment Lens
- Champion the system in a collective way
- Review dashboards and evaluation to measure success and monitor system performance. Support continuous improvement efforts linked to results.
- Address systemic barriers and respond to emergent issues and trends
More About SUN Coordinating Council