National Community Schools Award for Excellence (2007)
Coalition for Communtiy Schools
- Community Schools National Award for Excellence- George Middle School, Portland
Oregon Community Education Association
- Partner of the Year, Outstanding Community/School Partnership (2007)
"SUN Community Schools..are exceptional programs that pinpoint the needs of students and families in order to provide them the best opportunities for success."
- Oregon State Superintendent Susan Castillo
SUN in the Media
Schools and Communities: Stronger Together (48.47 KB)
- New York Times: Review Section, page 2, 5/20/12
Here Comes The SUN (943.99 KB)
- Education Northwest Magazine, page 20, Winter 2010
SUN Raising Graduation and College Going Rates (255.78 KB)
- National Coalition for Community Schools Publication, page 11-12, August 2009 (pdf, 256 KB)
"Capacity- Building Strategies for Scaling Up and Sustaining Community School Systems"
- Partnership Press NewsletterChildren's Aid Society, Fall 2009
"SUN Programs Lead to Educational Success"
- The Gresham Outlook, Sept. 21, 2007
"SUN Schools Shine in Multnomah County"
- Metro Parent Magazine, page 12, 2007-08
SUN Policy Papers
SUN Community Schools were recognized in the following publications:
"Getting Smarter, Becoming Fairer: A Progressive Education Agenda for a Stronger Nation"
- Renewing Our Schools: Securing Our Future Task Force Publication, Center for American Progress pages 63 & 73, 2005
Coalition for Community Schools
- Growing Community Schools: The Role of Cross-Boundary Leadership
- Making the Difference: Research and Practice in Community School
- All Together Now: Sharing the Responsibility for the Whole Child
SUN Community Schools Staff Contact