The new date for the outreach event is Thursday, April 28 from 7:30 to 11:30 am in the Multnomah Building’s basement meeting room at 501 SE Hawthorne Boulevard. The building is served by TriMet bus lines and the Portland Streetcar and there is paid parking in the garage on Hawthorne across from the building. Guests can RSVP or seek event information at Transportation@multco.us.
County staff will share information about a number of transportation capital projects going out to bid in 2016, including:
Federally funded projects:
- Arata Road Street Improvements (NE 223rd to NE 238th Ave.)
- Burnside Bridge Maintenance Project
- Morrison Bridge Lift Span Deck Replacement
- Sandy Boulevard Street Improvements (NE 230th to 238th Ave.)
- Stark Street Beaver Creek Culvert Replacement
Locally funded projects:
- Crosswalk improvements (various locations)
- Sidewalk infill (Troutdale – Sandy Boulevard)
- 223rd Ave. Drainage Improvement
- 2016 Overlay (various roads)
- Contractors will be briefed on the 2016 projects and have a chance to meet county staff who designed the projects or will be inspecting projects during construction.
“We will also share updates related to contract documents and required submittals,” said Riad Alharithi, the county’s Roadway Engineering Services Manager. “We think this first-time event will be a great opportunity for prime contractors, subcontractors, certified Minority Women and Emerging Small Business contractors, and engineering firms and suppliers to network with each other and county staff.”
Contractors can complete a short survey by April 15 at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MultcoTrans. The survey asks contractors how they currently find information on Multnomah County contract opportunities and what improvements they suggest for the county’s website and other information tools. Survey results will be shared at the meeting.
Multnomah County maintains 300 miles of roads, six Willamette River bridges and 20 smaller bridges and viaducts. For information on the Transportation Division, visit https://multco.us/transportation. For information on county contract opportunities, visit https://multco.us/purchasing.