Qualifying Test Registration
The Adult Care Home Program offers four different Qualifying Tests.
- The Developmental Disabilities Qualifying Test is required for all caregivers, resident managers, and operators prior to providing direct care to residents. This test is based on the DD Basic Training Manual. Please study the manual before taking this test.
- The APD Qualifying Test is required for APD and MHA resident managers and operators, and for caregivers who want to become resident manager-qualified. This test is based on the APD Basic Training (Ensuring Quality Care) and on the ACHP Orientation. Please complete these courses before taking this test.
- The English Test is required for all resident managers and operators, and may be required for some caregivers. There are no training requirements or study materials for this test.
- The Ensuring Quality Care test. This test is based on the Ensuring Quality Care class. The test must be successfully completed within 90 days of completing the class.
- Monday, March 12, 2018 at 10:00 am
- Friday, March 23, 2018 at 1:30 pm
- Friday, April 6, 2018 at 1:30 PM
- Monday, April 9, 2018 at 10:00 am
- Friday, April 20, 2018 at 1:30 pm
- Friday, April 27, 2018 at 1:30 pm
- Friday, May 4, 2018 at 1:30 pm
- Friday, May 11, 2018 at 1:30 pm
- Monday, May 14, 2018 at 10:00 am
- Friday, May 25, 2018 at 1:30 pm
- Friday, June 1, 2018 at 1:30 pm
- Friday, June 8, 2018 at 1:30 pm
- Monday, June 11, 2018 at 10:00 am
- Friday, June 22, 2018 at 1:30 pm
Basic Training Materials
- State of Oregon Adult Foster Home Approved Trainings (link to external website)
- Region 1-sponsored Trainings for DD Providers (link to external website) - please verify that the trainings on this website are approved for Adult Care Home continuing education
- APD Ensuring Quality Care Courses (link to external website)
Mandatory Abuse Reporting Online Courses
The State of Oregon offers free online mandatory abuse reporting training. Providers must complete this online training for their classification/certification and print out the certificate of completion. offers brief written instructions on how to create a free Oregon iLearns account. More detailed written instructions are available here: .
- Mandatory Abuse Reporting Training: People with Developmental Disabilities. This online training is currently under revision and cannot be accessed at this time. We will update this website when the training is updated. The course is offered by the Oregon Department of Human Services. The intended audience is care providers of people with developmental disabilities.
- Mandatory Reporter Training: Child Abuse and Abuse of Older Adults and People with Physical Disabilities. This online training is offered by the Oregon Department of Human Services. This interactive training is intended to help you recognize and report abuse.
- Reporting Abuse and Mistreatment: People with Mental Illness. This online training is offered by the Oregon Department of Human Services-Oregon Health Authority and teaches you about who is protected, who can be held responsible, the responsibilities of mandatory reporters and how to report abuse to this vulnerable population. This training meets the requirements for reporters working with people with a mental illness and provides the supplemental mistreatment definitions those working in licensed mental health residential programs are required to know.
Food Handler Cards
- The Multnomah County Health Department website provides a food handler study guide/training manual and information on how to get a food handler card.
- Please note that not all food handler cards are approved in the state of Oregon. The Oregon Health Authority’s public health office lists approved and unapproved food handler training and cards here.