Qualifying Test Registration
The Adult Care Home Program offers four different Qualifying Tests.
- The Developmental Disabilities Qualifying Test is required for all caregivers, resident managers, and operators prior to providing direct care to residents. This test is based on the DD Basic Training Manual. Please study the manual before taking this test.
- The APD Qualifying Test is required for APD and MHA resident managers and operators, and for caregivers who want to become resident manager-qualified. This test is based on the APD Basic Training (Ensuring Quality Care) and on the ACHP Orientation. Please complete these courses before taking this test.
- The English Test is required for all resident managers and operators, and may be required for some caregivers. There are no training requirements or study materials for this test.
- The Ensuring Quality Care test. This test is based on the Ensuring Quality Care class. The test must be successfully completed within 90 days of completing the class.
- No qualifying tests scheduled between July 10, 2018 and July 23, 2018 due to construction activity
- Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 10:00 am THIS TEST SESSION IS FULL, PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER DATE.
- Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 1:30 pm
- Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 1:30 pm
- Monday, August 13, 2018 at 10:00 am
- Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 1:30 pm
- Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 10:00 am
Basic Training Materials
- State of Oregon Adult Foster Home Approved Trainings (link to external website)
- Region 1-sponsored Trainings for DD Providers (link to external website) - please verify that the trainings on this website are approved for Adult Care Home continuing education
- APD Ensuring Quality Care Courses (link to external website)
Food Handler Cards
- The Multnomah County Health Department website provides a food handler study guide/training manual and information on how to get a food handler card.
- Please note that not all food handler cards are approved in the state of Oregon. The Oregon Health Authority’s public health office lists approved and unapproved food handler training and cards here.
Mandatory Abuse Reporter Training
- For APD Providers: https://ilearn.oregon.gov/dl.aspx?id=A294341FF6C04DDD8D15A0FFD455B5F3
- For DD Providers: https://ilearn.oregon.gov/dl.aspx?id=30E5F06EFF2D43C1807B460421403672
- For MHA Providers: https://ilearn.oregon.gov/dl.aspx?id=4A32F225981C44F58C541F550BBE47B0