- Can I do an intake over the phone?
No, you need to come into the office with your court order and complete an intake to sign paperwork.
- Where are you located?
Our office is located in downtown Portland in the Mead Building at 421 SW 5th Avenue. Please check in at the first floor reception desk. Intake hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00am to Noon and 1-5:00 pm (arrive no later than 4:30.).
- Are there any fees?
Fees are dependent upon the hours you are ordered to complete and what type of court order you have. There is a one-time $35.00 fee if you were ordered to complete 40 or more hours of Community Service. If you are on food stamps, you may qualify to have your fee waived (with the exception of Clean Slate and Courtesy Referrals from other Counties). If you receive food stamps you must provide us with a copy of a current Food Stamp verification letter.
- We take cash, checks, credit cards, and debit cards.
The credit or debit card must be in your name.
- Do I have to go on the work crew, or can I do my community service at a non-profit?
Whether you are placed on the work crew or at a non-profit depends on several factors, including your criminal history, the type of court order, and your availability.
- What sort of work does the work crew do?
The crew helps with all sorts of projects throughout Multnomah County such as packing food boxes at the Oregon Food Bank, sorting donations at Goodwill, and helping to maintain Multnomah County parks.
- The judge said I could do my community service on my own at the non-profit of my choice. Do I still need to come to the ACS office for an intake?
No, but you do have the option of completing your community service through us. Completing your community service through our program has several advantages.
- How long does the intake process take?
If you have everything you need, your intake will take approximately ½ hour. However, if there are other clients being helped, this process may take longer.