What is an Internship?
An internship is an on-site educational experience that is either directly related to your major field of study or your career interest.
What are the minimum time commitments?
- Undergraduate Internships require a minimum commitment of 8 hrs / week for 6 months
- Graduate Internships require a minimum commitment of 10 hrs / week for 9 months
What are the steps necessary to become an intern?
- Complete an application packet
- Attend a panel interview
- Pass a background investigation
- Complete an onsite interview
- Attend an orientation
When do I need to apply?
- At least 4 months prior to when you want your internship to begin. Please review our Application and Placement Process for further detail.
What are the benefits of an internship?
- Gain valuable work experience before you graduate;
- Develop new skills and refine others;
- Apply knowledge gained from coursework to real life situations;
- Reality-test your career options;
- Meet and work with professionals in the field
- Experience new work environments;
Do I have to be enrolled in school to complete and internship?
- Yes. DCJ also offers rewarding volunteer opportunities.
What can interns do?
Read more about our available internships.
Can I get academic credit for my internship?
DCJ requires that you are enrolled in a related degree program, earning academic credit for your internship. Please check with your school for requirements.
Volunteer and Intern Coordinator