This group is open to employees who have served in the armed forces, their spouses, family members, or anyone who supports the mission of this group. You do not need to be a veteran to join this group.
Group Mission Statement
The Veteran Employee Resource Group will identify challenges and opportunities faced by this employee group in order to gain better self-awareness, advance their ability to leverage skill and experience in the county work environment to achieve their full potential, assist group members in career development, and facilitate further development of Multnomah County workforce to meet the needs of this group.
- To provide support and identify resources for employees who have served in the armed forces, are married or related to a service member or former service member.
- This ERG will identify challenges and opportunities faced by this group.
- Identify and provide training opportunities for members of this group that benefit both the employee and county with increased productivity and efficiency.
- Assist membership with career mapping and opportunity to bring their advanced skills to the work place and increase client and employee satisfaction.
- The ERG will advise and provide recommendations to the Board of Commissioners and County Departments when there are issues relevant to the veteran and veteran supporting communities.
Lawrence Russell, email@example.com
Denise Holtrop, firstname.lastname@example.org