The following is an overview of the Risk Management Property & Liability Program. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact:
Casey O'Donnell, Property & Liability Program Manager, (503) 988-5851
The Property & Liability Program is a unit of the Multnomah County Finance and Risk Management Division in the Department of County Management. The purpose of the Property & Liability Program is to manage the County property, liability, and insurance programs. This unit provides consultation and guidance to all departments in: risk analysis and loss prevention strategies, especially in the areas related to property loss and liability exposures; property insurance, excess liability insurance, crime insurance, and bond requirements; insurance and language requirements in contracts and procurement documents; and other risk management related issues.
County Administrative Procedure RSK-6
The Risk Management Property & Liability Program’s policy is to provide “functional replacement value” funds to purchase County equipment/property that replaces the functional County equipment/property lost or damaged. In the case of computer equipment loss, the County standard replacement cost in used.
If the department has decided not to replace an item for any reason, the Risk Management Property & Liability Program will not reimburse the department for its loss of that item. If the department wishes to purchase upgraded equipment or property, the Risk Management Property & Liability Program will not reimburse the upgraded cost amount. However, the department can use the “functional replacement” reimbursement money to help purchase an upgraded item.
When a County property loss occurs, refer to County Administrative Procedure RSK-6 for information on how to request reimbursement. Reimbursement must be requested within six (6) months from the date of loss, and completed within 12 months from the date of loss.
The Property & Liability Program is responsible for the following County Administrative Procedures:
- RSK-4 “Vehicle Collision Reporting” (40 KB)
- RSK-6 “Property Damage Report and Request for Replacement” (78.5 KB)
- RSK-12 “Vehicle Self-Insurance Program” (122.5 KB)
- RSK-13 “Standard Insurance Requirements for County Procurement Documents and Contracts” (37.5 KB)
- RSK-18 “Incident Reporting” (Non-Employee, Non-Automobile, Involving Members of the Public) (155.81 KB)
- Incident Report: Non-employee, Non-automobile, involving members of the public (64 KB)
- RSK-18 Incident Report Form (76 KB)
- County-owned Vehicle Damage Reimbursement Request (403 bytes)
- County Property Damage Report and Request for Replacement (403 bytes)
- RSK-12 Form (31.5 KB)
- RSK-6 Form (27.5 KB)
- Vehicle Collision Report (99.5 KB)