Languages Spoken at Home, 2015 American Community Survey
This series of interactive maps shows language distribution by neighborhood using the most recent Census data. We hope that, while the data clearly underrepresented the numbers of other-language speakers, it helps target outreach. You can look at other languages as a composite, or break it down by the county's most commonly spoken languages.
New to Arc GIS? Watch this short video about how we use it here at MultCo Global.
Other cool maps include:
- The Multnomah County Auditor assessment of where the county places services compared to who it serves.
- Global Migration Flows, International Organization for Migration
- Forty Maps that Explain the World, Washington Post, 2013
- Origins and Destinations of the World’s Migrants 1990-2015, Pew Research Center, 2016
- Interactive migration maps (various), Migration Policy Institute
- Somali Needs Assessment, 2016. Report by Abdikadir Bashir, Abdisalan Muse and Ann Curry-Stevens.
- In Need of a Long Welcome, 2016. Report by the Center to Advance Racial Equity at Portland State University looks at the experience of refugees in Oregon.
- Health Disparities among Pacific Islanders in Multnomah County, 2015. This supplement to the 2014 Report Card unmasks the health disparities facing Pacific Islanders.
- Report Card on Racial and Ethnic Disparities, 2014. A devastating analysis conducted over more than 12 months by the Multnomah County Health Department.
- African Youth and Gang Involvement, 2014. Multnomah County sponsored an analysis of the risks facing African immigrant youth.
- Report Card on Racial and Ethnic Disparities, 2011. Updates the “Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Multnomah County: 1990-2004”
- An Unsettling Profile, 2010. Area nonprofits partnered with Portland State University to produce this 150-page report on communities of color and immigrant communities in Multnomah County.
- Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities in Multnomah County, 2004. The first of three "report cards" on health inequities
- Languages Spoken at Home, Portland Public Schools, 2011-2012
- Limited English Proficiency: a federal interagency website with resources by sector
- The CIA World Factbook: a primer on everything, by country
- Pew Religion and Public Life Study: a primer in global religions and table by country
- Immigrant and Refugee Employee Resource Group is a network of Multnomah County staff
Multnomah County tells the stories of our residents to help the wider community learn about the services we have to offer. When we use someone's photo, or interview him or her on video or for a story - particularly if we're telling a story about programs they access through the Health Department - then we use the following publicity release forms to make sure everyone's on the same page: