The Health Department’s Corrections Health division provides medical, behavioral health, dental, vision and medication services to those being held in Multnomah County’s jails and youth detention facility.
We care for inmates from their first booking until their release or transfer to another jail or prison. Our work focuses on meeting every person’s health needs while in custody.
We serve over 36,000 adults and 2,000 juveniles every year.
Work on the front lines of client care to make a difference. We value teamwork, compassion and delivering the highest standards of care.
Whether you’re just starting out or looking for a change, corrections health is a rewarding place to work.
Reasons to Join Our Team
- Serve a vulnerable and stigmatized population with a great need for care
- Build a wide-range of skills through medically complex and challenging work
- Work with a high-level of autonomy to direct patient care
- Competitive pay, benefits and work-life balance
- Gateway to other opportunities
- Nurse practitioners
- Certified medication aides
- Community health specialists
- Dental assistants
- Mental health consultants
- Eligibility specialists
- Administrative staff
We offer full-time, part-time, on-call, and temporary employment, and many shifts including day, evening, swing, weekend and rotating.
Opportunities for extra shifts and premium pay.
- Multnomah County Detention Center – Maximum-security jail and booking facility in Downtown Portland.
- Multnomah County Inverness Jail – Medium-security jail in East Portland
- Juvenile Detention Home – Youth detention facility in Northeast Portland
Correctional facilities operate under heightened security, so working inside of a jail is a lot safer than you might think. Patients are often very appreciative of the care they receive from us.
We are accredited by the National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC).
Contact your school’s clinical coordinator about internship opportunities. We work directly with coordinators for these placements.
Contact a recruiter. email@example.com