The Health Department provides routine and urgent dental care at 6 clinics throughout Multnomah County. We see both insured and uninsured patients, including Oregon Health Plan (Medicaid) patients of all ages who are on the following insurance plans:
Please note we are no longer taking new patients on Capitol Dental or Delta Dental.
New patients and uninsured: Call 503-988-6942 between 8am-4:45pm Monday-Friday.
Established patients: If you have insurance and have been seen before at a Multnomah County dental clinic, then you should call your clinic directly.
If you live outside Multnomah County we are unable to see you in our dental clinics. However, our referral coordinators can provide you with information about low-cost dental services in your area. For more information call 503-988-6942 between 8am-4:45pm, Monday-Friday.
If you’re covered by the Oregon Health Plan, there’s no charge for dental services which are part of your routine benefits. Not all dental services are available at our clinics.
If you’re not insured, expect to pay $25 when you check in for each appointment and pay any remaining balance when you check out. We can also help you apply for insurance»
If you're not eligible for the Oregon Health Plan, you can meet with our eligibility staff to see if you qualify for a discount.
Many clinics have staff members that speak languages other than English. Please let us know if you need an interpreter for your visit.
Baby Day Dental Clinics
For children under 3 years old. A great way to get your baby used to dental professionals looking at their mouth and teeth. You’ll get your dental questions answered and help your baby keep a healthy smile.
At each visit we provide:
- Dental exam and screening
- Helpful tips for what to do at home to help your baby grow healthy teeth
- Dental services that will help protect your baby's teeth and make them stronger
- Next visit scheduling, so visits occur every 3 months
Tuesdays and Wednesdays, on the following dates:
- Feb 7, 14, 21, 28 | 8:30am-12:30pm
- Feb 8 | 12:30-4pm
- Mar 7, 14 | 8:30am-12:30pm
- Mar 8 | 12:30-4pm
- Mar 21 | 8:30-11:30am, 1:30-3:30pm
- Apr 4, 11, 18, 25 | 8:30am-12:30pm
- Apr 12 | 12:30-4pm
- May 2, 9, 16, 23 | 8:30am-12:30pm
- May 10 | 12:30-4pm
- June 6, 13, 20, 27 | 8:30am-12:30pm
- June 14 | 12:30-4pm
- July 11 | 8:30-11:30am, 1:30-3:30pm
- July 12 | 12:30-4pm
- July 18, 25 | 8:30am-12:30pm
- Aug 1, 8, 15, 22 | 8:30am-12:30pm
- Aug 9 | 12:30-4pm
- Sept 5, 12, 19, 26 | 8:30am-12:30pm
- Sept 13 | 12:30-4pm
- Oct 3, 10, 17, 24 | 8:30am-12:30pm
- Oct 11 | 12:30-4pm
- Nov 7, 14, 21, 28 | 8:30am-12:30pm
- Nov 8 | 12:30-4pm
- Dec 5, 12 | 8:30am-12:30pm
- Dec 13 | 12:30-4pm
- Dec 19 | 8:30-11:30am, 1:30-3:30pm
Thursdays, 8:30am-12:30pm on the following dates:
Feb 23, Mar 23, Apr 27, May 25, June 22, July 27, Aug 24, Sept 28 , Oct 26, Nov 30, Dec 14
1st Thursdays, 8:30am–12:30pm
Feb 2, Mar 2, Apr 6, May 4, June 1, July 6, Aug 3, Sept 7, Oct 5, Nov 2, Dec 7
3rd Thursdays, 8:30am-4:30pm
Feb 16, Mar 16, Apr 20, May 18, June 15, July 20, Aug 17, Sep 21, Oct 19, Nov 16, Dec 21
School Dental Sealant and Screening Program
In addition to services offered at our dental clinics, we also provide dental sealants and screening services (at no cost to parents) at most Multnomah County elementary schools and some middle schools.