Thinking about donating food to a Cooling Center? Before you do, please remember that to ensure the health and safety of guests some items can not be accepted.
Cooling centers can NOT accept:
- Perishable items
- Homemade items
- Non-commercial canned or packaged items
- Open or used items or food products
Cooling centers can accept:
- Prepackaged foods like granola or snack bars
- Commercially prepared shelf-stable products
- Whole, intact fruit and vegetables
At this time, cooling centers also are not able to accept prepared or catered foods. If you are a restaurant, caterer or other business interested in donating prepared food items, please consider giving to a local nonprofit that serves meals to people in need.