Think about how your organization:
- Uses existing items or contracts already in place,
- How you avoid human health impacts of manufacture, use and/or disposal,
- Buy only what you need,
- Use life-cycle assessments or best value considerations when purchasing and,
- Minimize waste by prevention, reuse, and recycling to avoid the depletion of natural resources.
Multnomah County Solicitations may include waste management and reduction questions like the examples below. Example Questions:
- Please describe your organizations recycling plan to reduce waste?
- Please describe how you reduce waste by purchasing products with less packaging?
- Please describe how you buy in bulk?
- Please describe how you reuse or donate items to have a positive impact on our community?
- Do you donate items for re-manufacturing?
- Are items you use easily processed or recycled into new raw materials?
- Do you purchase products with post consumer recycled content including paper and plastic products?