At Student Health Centers, you will get:
- Private care and treatment
- Respect from all staff
- Choices about your care and treatment
- Information you can understand
- Show up on time for appointments
- Contact the clinic if you need to cancel your appointment
- Be sure you understand how to take any medications
- Tell us before you stop taking any medications or are having problems
- Ask us any questions about anything you do not understand
Confidentiality and consent
Your privacy and safety are important to us. In general, adolescents have a right to privacy regarding some health information. If there is a safety concern, privacy cannot be maintained when you are less than 18 years of age or when we are required to report by law.
School-Based Health program staff work with youth of all ages to involve parents/guardians in their care.
Oregon state law allows:
- Persons 15 years and older to receive general medical service.
- Persons 14 years and older to initially receive mental health services which includes drug and alcohol screening and treatment.
- There is no age of consent for reproductive health and sexually transmitted disease services.
- Healthcare providers to involve parents/guardians based on clinical judgment regardless of the age of consent.