If your family has no health insurance or needs to reapply, we can help you see if you can get the Oregon Health Plan or other insurance. This insurance would get health care services for you and your family.
Open Enrollment Starts November 1
Enrollment for private health insurance is from November 1 to December 15, 2017. This is when you can get coverage, renew or change your plan.
Need a health insurance plan for 2017? You can still get private coverage now if you have had any of the following qualifying life changes within the last 60 days:
- Got married or divorced
- Had a child, adopted a child or placed a child for adoption
- Lost your health insurance
- Turned 26 and left a parent’s health insurance plan
- Lost your job or income
Oregon Health Plan enrollment is open year-round (if you qualify).
Ways to Apply
For private insurance:
- Online at Healthcare.gov
- By phone by calling 1-800-318-2596
For the Oregon Health Plan:
Not sure which one you need? You can check on OregonHealthCare.gov to find out.
Can I Afford It?
Even if you work, you may be able to get financial help to pay for insurance. And many more Oregonians can now get no-cost insurance through the Oregon Health Plan.
Even if you don’t qualify for financial help, you can still shop and compare plans on Healthcare.gov.
Renew Your Oregon Health Plan Coverage
Every year, Oregon Health Plan (OHP) and Healthy Kids members must update their information to make sure they still qualify for health benefits. Not everyone will renew their benefits at the same time.
Get a Letter? When it's your turn, Oregon Health Plan will send you a letter that tells you how to renew. If you receive a renewal notice, fill out the requested information and send it back as soon as possible. More about Oregon Health Plan renewals»
Our application assisters can help you apply for health insurance at an upcoming enrollment session, or at one of our clinics during walk-in hours.
To apply, you will need:
- Proof of income
- Social security number
- Proof of identity
- Citizenship or immigration information (if you have it) for every person who will be on the insurance plan
- Other health insurance information (this is current health insurance or information about insurance that you might be able to get through your job)
- Proof of pregnancy (if pregnant)
- Proof of address
You may also need to know:
- Income, deductions and adjustments planned for this year
- Net profit, if self-employed
- Insurance plan information for each person on the applications
Call 503-988-5841 to register. Interpreters are available upon request with 48 hours advance notice.
- Friday, December 1, 10 am-2pm - Holgate Library
- Friday, December 1, 10 am-6pm - Midland Library
- Saturday, December 2, 2:30-3:30pm - Central Library
- Friday, December 8, 10 am-2pm - Holgate Library
- Friday, December 8, 1-6pm - Midland Library
- Saturday, December 9, 1:30-5:30pm - Holgate Library
- Saturday, December 9, 2:30-3:30pm - Central Library
- Sunday, December 10, 12-4:30pm - Kenton Library
- Monday, December 11, 3-5:30pm - Belmont Library
- December 14, 12-5pm - Midland Library
Llame al 503-988-5841 para pedir una cita. Siempre hay intérpretes disponibles si se piden con 48 horas de anticipación.
- Viernes, 1 de diciembre, de 10 am-2pm - Biblioteca de Holgate
- Viernes, 1 de diciembre, de 10 am-6pm - Biblioteca de Midland
- Sábado, 2 de diciembre, de 2:30-3:30pm - Biblioteca Central
- Viernes, 8 de diciembre, de 10 am-2pm - Biblioteca de Holgate
- Viernes, 8 de diciembre, de 1-6pm - Biblioteca de Midland
- Sábado, 9 de diciembre, de 1:30-5:30pm - Biblioteca de Holgate
- Sábado, 9 de diciembre, de 2:30-3:30pm - Biblioteca Central
- Domingo, 10 de diciembre, de 12-4:30pm - Biblioteca de Kenton
- Lunes, 11 de diciembre, de 3-5:30pm - Biblioteca de Belmont
- Martes, 12 de diciembre, de 12-5pm - Biblioteca de Midland
Help is available at our clinics during the hours below on a first-come, first-served basis. There may be a wait.
East County Health Center | 503-988-5155
600 NE 8th St, 3rd Floor, Gresham (Map)
Hours: Mon, Thurs, Fri 8:30-11am, 1:30-4pm | Tues 1:30-4pm
(No walk-ins the 1st Thurs of the month)
La Clinica de Buena Salud | 503-988-3991
6736 NE Killingsworth St, Ste 100, Portland (Map)
Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, 8:30-11am, 1:30-4pm | Wed, 1:30-4pm
Mid County Health Center | 503-988-3601
12710 SE Division St, Portland (Map)
Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, 8:30–11am, 1:30–4pm
North Portland Health Center | 503-988-6831
9000 N Lombard, Portland (Map)
Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, 8:30–11am, 1:30-4pm
Northeast Health Center | 503-988-5183
5329 NE MLK Jr Blvd, Portland (Map)
Hours: Mon, Fri, 8:30–11:30am, 1–5pm | Tues, Thurs, 8:30–11:30am, 1–4pm
Rockwood Community Health Center | 503-988-5400
2020 SE 182nd Ave, Gresham (Map)
Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, 8:30-11am, 1:30-4pm | Wed 1:30-4pm
Southeast Health Center | 503-988-4604
3653 SE 34th Ave, Suite 190, Portland (Map)
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30–11am, 1-4pm
(No walk-ins on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month)