Child Development Services provides services for families of children (birth through age 5) to promote positive parenting, health child development and school readiness.
The Early Childhood Framework aligns the SUN Service Systems (SUN) parent child development services and Native American Child Care.
All child development services include a range of activities designed to promote parent competence and healthy child development. Specific services are:
- Providing age appropriate parent child play groups
- Parenting education and support services
- Developmental screening, immunization status checks (and follow up)
- Culturally specific child care for parents in residential treatment
- Referrals to other needed social and health services
- Monthly home visits
All services are delivered at community sites, as well as SUN Community Schools and are developmental and culturally appropriate. Most utilize the nationally recognized Parents As Teachers (PAT) curriculum.
Early Childhood Framework (1.48 MB) (pdf, 1.4MB)
For further information please contact
Sanjeev S Balajee