Are you concerned about your child dropping out or having poor grades?
We will work with you and your child to support their success. SYA is focused on middle and high school-aged youth and serves everyone, including specific communities of youth and their families: African American, African Immigrant, Asian Pacific Islander, Latino, Native American and Slavic.
Key services include:
- Assertive Engagement advocacy and support activities, like one-on-one academic supports, advocating for youth in school, working with youth to create an individualized success plan, referring youth to other services as needed
- Out-of-school time supports, like homework help, tutoring, summer programs, and after school groups
- Help finding other services to meet your family’s needs
- Whole family support and family engagement, like home visits, help with school meetings, and community celebrations
How to access services
Ask about the SUN Youth Advocacy program at your local SUN School or site. To participate call the numbers below based on where you live
- West: Impact NW - 503-867-2188
- North/Northeast: SEI - 503-249-1721
- Mid-county: NAYA - 503-288-8177
- Outer East/Reynolds: Metropolitan Family Services - 503-232-0007
- Outer Gresham: Metropolitan Family Services - 503-232-0007