Multnomah County juveniles are held in custody at the following location:
Donald E. Long Detention Center
1401 NE 68th Ave
Portland, OR 97213
Rules and regulations: All visits
- Photo ID will be requested and required
- No food or beverages. No exceptions.
- Non-eligible visitors (anyone under 18 yrs of age, etc.) May not wait in the visiting lobby
- No weapons or electronic devices (cell phones, cameras, radios, iPods, etc.) Will enter visiting rooms: no weapons of any kind may be brought into the building. All visitors will be asked to clear a metal detector. If unable to clear a metal detector, the visit will be denied.
- No jackets, coats, sweatshirts with pockets, purses or backpacks will be allowed in visiting rooms. Visitors may store belongings in lobby lockers.
- No drugs or alcohol: visitors suspected of possessing/using drugs or alcohol will be declined access to visits and will be directed to leave the building.
- No books or magazines: paperback religious materials will be allowed if not available in the unit.
- Youth may refuse any visit
- The on-duty manager is not authorized to make exceptions to these rules.
Sat and Sun, 2-4:30 pm (no check-ins after 4:15 pm)
Mon, Tues, Wed and Thu: 6-8 pm (no check-ins after 7:45 pm) - No Friday visitation
- Parents/legal guardians and a rare exception of a Juvenile Court Counselor/Probation Parole Officer (JCC/PPO) approved adult in lieu of a parent/legal guardian (the exception requires a visiting permit on file). A visit only allows 2 visitors at a time and lasts about 30-45 minutes. As space allows, youth may have two visiting sessions per visiting day.
- No visitors under the age of 18: no exceptions will be made.
- Visits may be denied: when a youth is displaying behavior that jeopardizes safety and security; or if a visitor is uncooperative.
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 9 pm
A youth’s attorney/assistant does not require JCC/PPO authorization. All other professional visits require jcc/ppo authorization and a signed visiting card. Staff routinely check JJIS notes for Clackamas and Washington Co. clients.
Recording instruments/testing equipment are allowed during these visits.
Pre-scheduled on Sunday between 11 am and 1:30 pm for Level III and IV youth only. Pre-arranged visits are organized no later than the preceding Friday.
- Level III: 30 minute visit; Level IV: One hour visit
- No food or beverages: No exceptions
- Up to 4 visitors per session: To include a parent/legal guardian.
- The only visitors under the age of 18 that are allowed to visit are biological infants/toddlers of M-11 youth
- No gang attire allowed, as determined by visiting control staff
Contact the assigned Juvenile Court Counselor (JCC) or Oregon Youth Authority (OYA) Probation/Parole Officer (PPO). These visits occur outside of the regular visits schedule. They must be supervised by the JCC/PPO. These visits are not guaranteed. The JCC/PPO does not usually have extra time to supervise visits.
- Mail: All letters must be routed through the us postal service (youth name - delh, 1401 NE 68th, Portland, OR 97213).
- Medications: Must be prescribed for the youth, in the prescription bottle and handed directly to the on-duty. Nurse or on-duty custody services manager.
- Personal property: Youth receive a receipt when admitted. Anything released requires both the youth’s and the receiver’s signature. Money can only be released with the permission of the JCC/PPO. Custody managers may release any other property. *delivery of court clothing must be checked-in by custody staff.
- Photos: Up to five (5) photos may be brought to youth during visits for them to take to their room.
Multnomah Co. Juvenile Dept
Donald E. Long (DELH)
1401 NE 68th Ave
Portland, OR 97213
Clackamas Co. Juvenile Dept
2121 Kaen Rd
Oregon City, OR 97045
Washington Co. Juvenile Dept
222 N. First Ave
Hillsboro, OR 97124